Please do this amazing girl a favor and check her out!
This girl has become my new workout obsession. I do her videos for 40 minutes every day and I’ve seen massive improvements! I’m in maintenance right now, so I haven’t lost weight but I’ve lost inches off my stomach, thighs and my arms are so much firmer. Honestly, I never thought I would get so much from a workout. The time flies and there’s no music in the background so you can jam to all your own favorite songs! :) I think this girl deserves so much credit for what she’s doing so please give her a look.
Sometimes we let loose and have some dessert or a few beers or a huge pasta dinner at the Olive Garden. We’re human and these things happen. It’s not the end of the world and so long as it’s not an everyday occurrence, it shouldn’t wreck your progress! Remember, getting in shape and being healthy is a MARATHON not a SPRINT.. you are doing it for LIFE, so realize it’s OK to take little breaks sometimes! Don’t let a wild night or an overindulgence be an excuse to give up. You’re only a failure if you quit! SO DON’T QUIT.
My tips for getting back on track after a treat/binge/nightout/splurge:
- Smile - stay flippin positive!!!!! If you get down in the dumps, you will just end up beating yourself up and feeling worse. What’s done is done, move on and realize you have your entire future ahead of you. In the grand scheme of things, that little binge/splurge was miniscule. We ALL have these splurges, even ME!
- EAT - don’t starve yourself the following day because you binged. That will just make things worse, get your metabolism going again by eating a healthy breakfast and drinking plenty of water. Eat a small, healthy snack or meal every couple of hours, take your vitamins and stay hydrated.
- Exercise - get back on the wagon right away. Don’t let that binge be an excuse not to work out too. Get to the gym and do a little something, anything!
- Pamper yourself - take a little “me time” to do something you enjoy… whether it be a manicure, shopping, going to the beach.. whatever you want. Don’t punish yourself for your binge, move on from it =)
You can watch the whole video here.
- 1 cup Almond milk or skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups Fat free Greek Yogurt, (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 4 pkts stevia (or 1 tbs sweetener of choice, or to taste)
- Optional Topping: fat free whip cream
Combine all of the ingredients (except for 1/2 of the strawberries) in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25minutes, or until it becomes a firm ‘frozen yogurt’ texture. Add the rest of the chopped strawberries in the last few minutes of churning. Scoop ice cream into individual dishes, and add toppings, if desired.
Serve immediately and enjoy! Note: You can also scoop ice cream into a Tupperware, and freeze for up to one hour, for a more firm ‘ice cream’ texture. However, don’t let ice cream freeze for longer than one hour, or it will become an ice block! If it does become harder than you would like, you can always put the Tupperware in the microwave for about 30 seconds to defrost to desired texture!
Simple moves using just an exercise band!
Now I want one..
An archive of healthy desserts to enjoy in the summer!
Low Calorie Ice Cream Sandwich
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Organic Frozen Yogurt Strawberries
Breakfast Banana Pops
Cherry Limeade Popsicles
Grilled Apricots with Honey Greek Yogurt
Oven dried Strawberries
Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
No fuss Banana Cake
Low Fat Berry Frozen Yogurt
Strawberry Banana Ice Pops
Mini Honey Kiwi Tartlets
Mixed Berry Yogurt Pops
Pomegranate Dragon Fruit And Lychee Sorbet
Blueberry Yogurt Skewers
Healthy Berry Popsicles
Banana Berry Soft Serve Ice Cream
40 calorie Volume Vanilla Ice Cream
Nutella Frozen Banana Bites
Nutella Fudge Pops
Frozen Yogurt Blackberries
Grilled Chocolate Banana Melts
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Watermelon Tart Tutorial
Banana Almond Chocolate Ice Cream
Frozen Fruit Pops
Banana Ice Cream
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Bananas
Chocolate Strawberries made with an Ice Tray
Frozen Banana Bites
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream
Raw Tropical Ice Cream
Peanut Butter & Bananas
50 calorie Berry Yogurt Popsicles
A list of smoothies/beverages to keep you cool, hydrated & healthy!
Strawberry Melon Sparkler
Homemade Vitamin Water
Frozen Raspberry Tea
Cherry Beets Apple Spinach Antioxidant Smoothie
Green Monster Smoothie
Pure Fruit Ice Cubes
Smoothies for Weight Loss
Smoothie Ice Cubes
Tropical Green Smoothie
Cake Batter Protein Shake
Mango Banana Smoothie
Raspberry Mint Limeade
Pineapple Spinach Ginger Detox Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
Glowing Green Smoothie
Mango Strawberry Smoothie
Banana Green Smoothie
You’re gonna need those delts later for swimming…
I dare you to finish the CALL ME MAYBE MIGHTY SQUAT CHALLENGE.
Toned thighs, perky butt, slim legs here we come. Bust out those booty shorts.
DO IT, PIN IT, REBLOG.
Incline Pushups: Off your knees & on your way.
This is a great pushup modification you may want to try - especially on the go! It’s not always possible to drop and bust out a set of pushups from the floor & beginners may still be struggling with harder variations. This modification is one you can do ANYWHERE: at work, school, or when you’re out on a run.
Fit Villains: Selfish, Shameless, Sassy, Fitness.: There Ain't Nothing ''Girly'' About Modified Pushups →
One of my BIGGEST pet peeves? ”Girly Pushups”.
I’ve made an effort to NEVER call them “girly” push-ups. I really, really wish everyone would stop calling them that as well. I’ve got MANY reasons for this, but the most important ones are…
1. It creates a comfort zone for women, where they…